|Albion is between Jackson and Battle Creek, on the
route built by the Michigan Central way back in 1844, when the Michigan Central
was still state owned.
The present depot was built in 1882. It is quite an ornate
building, with fancy
brackets, and decorative brick work including
bands of brick in contrasting colors.
The depot was open until 1971. It sat closed and neglected
until the mid 1980's. A local alliance, aided by grants undertook a restoration
of the depot. Work included stripping paint from the exterior walls, rebuilding
the chimneys, and replacing the windows with insulated glass. The depot is
again open, now as a bus and train station. The old
station has also been restored, and is open
as a sports bar.